Thursday, August 20, 2026

Weezer - We Might As Well Be Strangers -- The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Weezer - We Might As Well Be Strangers 

(lyrics from transcript)
-♪ Happy birthday, thanks for the Valium ♪ ♪ And thank you for the stack of dirty magazines ♪

♪ We lounged around, debated Nietzsche ♪ ♪ I was too obtuse to get how much I need you ♪

♪ Parasitic fishes, down in the sea, now we're history ♪

♪ We might as well be strangers, uh-huh ♪ ♪ Something came along and changed us, uh-huh ♪

♪ I was Nancy, you were vicious, uh-huh ♪ ♪ Now I'm not sure I even miss us, uh-huh ♪

♪ If I sang you a song ♪ ♪ Would you still sing along? ♪

♪ We might as well be strangers, uh-huh ♪ ♪ Something came along and changed us, uh-huh ♪

-♪ Every night's your birthday, got shows back-to-back ♪ ♪ Excuse to celebrate ♪ ♪ A brighter, lighter, a louder stack ♪

♪ Hand on the burner, cracking the skull ♪ ♪ Is it still hedonism if you're feeling miserable? ♪

♪ Don't want your songs to become the clues ♪ ♪ To why we lost you ♪

-♪ We might as well be strangers, uh-huh ♪ ♪ Something came along and changed us, uh-huh ♪

♪ I was Nancy, you were vicious, uh-huh ♪ ♪ Now I'm not sure I even miss us, uh-huh ♪

♪ If I sang you a song ♪ ♪ Would you still sing along? ♪

♪ We might as well be strangers, uh-huh ♪ ♪ Something came along and changed us, uh-huh ♪
s
[ Guitar solo ]

♪♪

-♪ You tried to phone me up ♪ ♪ I tried to write you once ♪

♪ But there was nothing to say ♪ ♪ So I threw the page away ♪

♪ We might as well be strangers, uh-huh ♪ ♪ Something came along and changed us, uh-huh ♪

-♪ I was Nancy, you were vicious, uh-huh ♪ ♪ Now I'm not sure I even miss us, uh-huh ♪

-♪ If I sang you a song ♪ ♪ Would you still sing along? ♪ ♪ Whoa-oh ♪

♪ We might as well be strangers, uh-huh ♪ ♪ Something came along and changed us, uh-huh ♪

No comments: