Saturday, August 15, 2026

Phoebe Bridgers - I Can't Wait

Phoebe Bridgers - I Can't Wait 

Baby, baby if you leave me 
Can you take me with you 
I can sit in the back seat 
Sometimes when the night is quiet 
I’ll turn all the lights on, like the end of the movie
 
I can’t wait, but I’m waiting 
I’m still up, but I’m fading 

Not so slowly getting older 
California sober 
I live by the water 
Go dancing with my understudy 
Could be anybody 
Make me an offer 
I’m not good, but I’m better 
Missed my cue but whatever 
It’s now or never 

All my life 
Side by side 
Hyde Jekyll Hyde 
Finally together 
You can change your mind 
But you can’t change mine 
Hyde Jekyll Hyde 
You and I forever 

Walking early in the morning 
While you’re still sleeping 
And the credits are rolling 
I don’t know why I’m crying 
Until we’re dead or die trying

No comments: