295. THINK ABOUT ALL THE THINGS YOU ALREADY TRUST IN YOUR LIFE. THEN ASK WHY YOU DON'T TRUST GOD MORE.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways
submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6
Since my kids aren't making mischief from home anymore, I'm always working on finding some reasons to hang out with them.
My son Adam recently took up skydiving, so I decided to get my skydiving license without telling him. I had this daydream
of him free-falling through the air and then I float down next to him. "Oh, hey, Adam. What are you doing here?" I would
scream into the wind.
One weekend I drove Adam to the drop zone like I did each weekend. He got out of the car, grabbed a parachute, and
got in the plane. This time I got out of the car, grabbed a parachute, put it on, and got in the plane next to him.
"Dad?!" Adam said, shaking his head at me.
"How hard could it be?" I shot back at him.
Sometimes on a weekend we'll still grab some lunch, catch up on life, and then jump out of a plane together. It's fantastic.
The craziest part about the whole skydiving thing is that when you're falling through the air at around 125 miles per
hour, you pull a cord connected to a tiny, metal pin that deploys the parachute. Your whole life depends on one piece of
metal that is less than an inch long. When it's pulled, the parachute either goes off or it doesn't.
The truth is, I sometimes trust God less than I trust that pin. I don't believe He's going to catch me at the perfect
moment. I'm afraid He won't be there when I need Him to be. I think He'll let me plummet if I make a mistake. Or I believe
He'll withhold His grace if I mess up one more time.
Sometimes God leads us into difficult circumstances so we'll realize our absolute need for Him.
In what difficult circumstance are you
finding it difficult to trust God?
Monday, August 24, 2026
"LIVE IN GRACE -- WALK IN LOVE - A 365 - DAY JOURNEY" written by Bob Goff (author of Love Does)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment