Thursday, July 30, 2026

The Revivalists - Lay It On Me

The Revivalists - Lay It On Me 

I should've known better when I took that trip 
Down that old dirt road in my crawling skin 
Knew I was wrong when I crossed that line 
But I make the same mistakes every time 

Still I, I try to travel light 

But I could carry your load 
On the banks of a river so cold 
If there's something that you gotta let go 
Just lay it on me 

Shoulda known better when I took that pill 
It was bad for my head, I had a good time still 
Flyin' down the street in a hearse with wings 
The trunk was full of my skeletons 

Original sin was a pretty good deal 
I was so f---ed up it felt so real 
And the purple sky when the moon came up 
Took a dip in the abyss of my crowded cup 

Still I, I try to travel light 
 
But I could carry your load 
On the banks of a river so cold 
If it's something that you gotta let go 
Just lay it on me 

Said I could carry your load 
On the banks of a river so cold 
If there's something that you gotta let go 
Just lay it on me, just lay it on me 

Just lay it on me 
Just lay it on me 
Just lay it on me 

No comments: