Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Switchfoot - Natural Causes (Live)

Switchfoot - Natural Causes 

When everything fell to pieces 
I was looking to find a reason for the pain 
And you said, “Everything has a season 
Why does it have to have a meaning anyway?” 

But I still can’t accept that we  
Were meant to fall away 

Fade away 
All my days turn back to night 
Dust to dust 
But I don’t want our love to die 
Of natural causes 

Oh honey, we’ve spent all our lives 
Bracing for one more quake on the fault-line 
Oh lately, feels like I’ve gone blind 
Waiting to hear your voice on the phone line 

Fade away 
Nothing that I trust survives 
Dust to dust 
But I don’t want our love die 
Of natural causes 

On and on the future’s calling  
On and on the rain keeps falling  
Of natural causes 

And she said, “Everybody falls apart 
Life is what we leave behind” 
And she said, “Everybody falls apart 
It’s just nature's laws”  
Maybe only love survives 
These natural causes  

Fade away 
Nothing that I hold is mine 
From dust to dust 
Love and only love survives 
These natural causes

No comments: