Sunday, March 8, 2026

Jesse Wells - Saint Steve Irwin

Jesse Wells - Saint Steve Irwin 

enchanted
by the panic
I wish I was simple
plain
like rain
running
right down the middle

everything inside me was hot
everything inside me was inflamed
I was looking everywhere for the man
everybody told me I could blame

but I gotta keep movin
keep moving on
cause staying still could kill me and you
if we wait for too long
yea I gotta keep moving
keep moving on
almost every night something ain't right
but I don't know what's wrong

sail me outa this hell virgil
they poisoned the well
and I can't drink here now
saint Steve Irwin I'm a child
and I'm certain them are wild crocodiles
won't you choke them out

everything I'd ever seen
was piled up into a dream
I was afraid I would forget
no I remember everything

so I gotta keep movin
keep moving on
cause staying still could kill me and you
if we wait for too long
yea I gotta keep moving
keep moving on
almost every night something ain't right
but I don't know what's wrong

I can work this out
I can fight through the pain
I can see a light at the end of the tunnel
then again it could be the train
I can work this out
nothing's holding me back
there's hope on the horizon
or maybe the earth's jus flat

nostalgia 
on a rope bridge and swaying
to dementia
that's the tune that they were playing
I coulda swore somebody laughed
as we were leaving pangea
I had a nice enough time
things were fine
I guess I'll see ya when I see ya

cause  I gotta keep movin
keep moving on
cause staying still could kill me and you
if we wait for too long
yea I gotta keep moving
keep moving on
almost every night something ain't right
but I don't know what's wrong

I can work this out
I can fight through the pain
I can see a light at the end of the tunnel
then again it could be the train
I can work this out
nothing's holding me back
there's hope on the horizon
or maybe the earth's jus flat

No comments: