Rise Against - Living Undercover
I see lights in the distance, I see trouble ahead
She's a man on a mission, messages burning after they're read
Waking up on the wrong side of every bed
Operating on no sleep, painting every town red
I've been waiting here all this time to take what's mine
Living undercover
I've been hiding in plain site as the world passed by
One after the other
Cause I can play the longest games another day here undiscovered
But I can't make out your voice, so all lost inside the noise
Static on the television nothing comes in
Except the voices cut by channel switching lost in the wind
There's a broken antennae we keep moving around
While we're searching for a signal digging for a sound
But it’s not alright yeah will it ever be?
We let the genie out the bottle now nobody's free
Walk through the flames
Smile through the tears
We came out this way just to say
Let's get the f--- out of here
I've been waiting all this time to take what's mine
Living undercover
I've been hiding in real plain sight as the world past by
One after the other
Cause I can play the longest games another day here undiscovered
But I can't make out your voice, so all lost inside the noise
The fault lines lay in between our own lives they will uncover
In past lives and fever dreams, we're crashing always into each other
(Now it's time to go)
Ive been waiting all this time to take what's mine living undercover
I've been hiding in plain sight while the world passed by one after the other
Cause I can play the longest games another day here undiscovered
But I can't make out your voice, so all lost inside the noise
No comments:
Post a Comment