Saturday, August 8, 2026

Dead Poet Society - Cold

 Dead Poet Society - Cold 

[Verse 1]
Take me into Valhalla
I'll die a martyr and let my body break
Leave me in the Sahara
Out on the sidewalk in downtown LA

[Pre-Chorus]
Something's kicking in my head
Think I'm gonna die here with my best friends
We've been cutthroat just to get ahead
'Cause no one's gonna save us, no one ever did
[Chorus]
I didn't mean it
Didn't mean it
Cutting you out, oh, mean it
I didn't mean it
How did I become so cold? Cold
Cold, cold-hearted and ruthless
Cold, cold
How did I become so—?

[Verse 2]
I tried holding on for the sake of еverything we've been through
All our darkеst days
But time keeps moving on
And I thought I could maybe move beyond the pain

[Pre-Chorus]
But something's kicking in my head
Thought I could've saved you, but I never did
God, it's so f---ed up, even though I said
This is what I need now, something's gotta give

[Chorus]
I didn't mean it
Didn't mean it
Cutting you out, oh, mean it
I didn't mean it
How did I become so cold? Cold
Cold, cold-hearted and ruthless
Cold, cold
How did I become so—?
I didn't mean it
Didn't mean it
Cutting you out, oh, mean it
I didn't mean it
How did I become so cold? Cold
Cold, cold-hearted and ruthless
Cold, cold
How did I become so—?

Cold (so) cold (so) cold
Cold-hearted and ruthless
Cold, cold
How did I become so—?

No comments: