Friday, August 14, 2026

Bastille - Hope For The Future

 Bastille - Hope For The Future

Hey, it’s not that late 
You came here for a moment
Of love
Just, a bit of space 
A change here from the city 
Of love

I wrote your name down on the hillside in my mind
I wrote your name down 
And ooh, I keep a picture of you here in my head
And ooh, I breathe a little deeper with every breath 
But hope for the future got me on my knees
And ooh, I keep a picture of you here in my head 

The breeze here always stirs
The grasses of our memories
Alive 

I wrote your name down on the hillside in my mind
I wrote your name down

And ooh, I keep a picture of you here in my head
And ooh, I breathe a little deeper with every breath 
But hope for the future got me on my knees
And ooh, I keep a picture of you here in my head 

Thought that I could hear you whisper softly 
Can’t be only me that hears the sound 
But it’s the ones in charge who write the history 
Each time 

And ooh, I keep a picture of you here in my head
And ooh, I breathe a little deeper with every breath 
But hope for the future got me on my knees
And ooh, I keep a picture of you here in my head

No comments: