Wednesday, March 11, 2026

Vance Joy - From Afar

 Vance Joy - From Afar

You told me boy look the other way 
You told me boy bite your tongue 
Cause that’s not the way 
Yeah that’s not the way 
Oh that’s just not the way that friends behave. 
Oh that is just not the way that friends behave, 
oh no no no, no no no no

You light me up across the room 
Two falling sparks one willing fool 
And I, I always knew that I would love you from afar

You told me boy look the other way 
You told me boy hide those hands
Well I’ve been living on the crumbs of your love 
And I’m starving now
And that, is just the way that we remain
Oh that will be the way that we remain, 
Oh no no no, no no no no

You light me up across the room 
Two falling sparks one willing fool 
And I, I always knew that I would love you from afar

It shouldn’t come as a surprise 
What I’m feeling, what I’m feeling now.
It shouldn’t come as a surprise 
She got darling Hazel eyes

It shouldn’t come as a surprise 
What I’m feeling, what I’m feeling now

It shouldn’t come as a surprise 
What I’m feeling, what I’m feeling now

It shouldn’t come as a surprise 
What I’m feeling, what I’m feeling now

No comments: