I carry you on with me
I promised you
I would and I do
I float around
And show up unannounced
in the places that you knew
I draw you out
From the edge of my mouth
It feels good to say your name
It’s all I have now
And a wonderful sound
it makes
I was born with someone else's face
A cowards anger and a fighters rage
I wait around for them to take my place
And say love you’re free now
I’ve been caught in some old boring joke
The only punch line is how long it goes
I’m in a song with one descending note
I got nowhere else to be now
And no one tells you just how long you’ll last
Some go slowly and some far too fast
I’ve got time I never planned to have
I got years and years of it
I've been feeling like a wing clipped bird
Been repeating this old phrase I learned
That no one's voice is ever really heard
Until the whole world’s screaming it
I carry you on with me
I promised you
I would and I do
I float around
And show up unannounced
in the places that you knew
I draw you out
From the edge of my mouth
It feels good to say your name
It’s all I have now
And a wonderful sound
it makes
I was living in a stranger’s house
So I found shelter by the river’s mouth
And I go swimming 'til my feet touch ground
'Til I find something permanent
I see the rain over the valley’s edge
Won't be long until the whole world’s wet
And all my drowning will make way more sense
There ain't no better word for it
I carry you on with me
I promised you
I would and I do
I float around
And show up unannounced
in the places that you knew
I draw you out
From the edge of my mouth
It feels good to say your name
It’s all I have now
And a wonderful sound
it makes
Monday, October 5, 2026
Noah Kahan - Draw You Out (Hunger Games : Sunrise on the Reaping)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment